Rollout projects are highly complex undertakings.
Their implementation is often underestimated.
In rolling out new processes, systems and products, companies need to juggle hundreds of details successfully. If these projects need to be rolled out multiple times, management faces a real challenge.
Although rollout projects are highly complex undertakings - especially if multiple locations are involved, let alone different countries or regions - their implementation is often underestimated.
The main reason is that project leaders tend to devote most of their attention to the solution's feasibility. The pilot and its technical and procedural aspects take center stage.
In contrast, little care is given to the rollout itself, e.g. introducing new software at multiple locations. The consequences can be serious: time delays, exploding costs and roadblocks spring up time and again.
On top of that, complexity rises with the number of stakeholders of varying technical backgrounds involved in the rollout. If project leaders take that too lightly, operations may suffer.
Rollout projects, therefore, require a dedicated process. The biggest challenges include realistic scheduling and ensuring that all the stakeholders are directly involved. Coordinating the implementation must also be given careful thought. In addition, project leaders should make sure that their concept is continuously refined with each subsequent rollout.
From concept to implementation
The single-source rollout.
Together with our customers, CPC first develops a standard model that is fundamental to the planned rollout process. The model reflects the individual rollout process steps from a high level down to the details.
High-level planning includes the individual rollout phases. Detail-level planning breaks those phases down into activities and tools.
- In working with our customers, we always look for optimal complementarity among the team members. It's crucial for the employees responsible for executing the rollout to be on board right from the beginning.
- Our approach stands out because we do not simply reduce the rollout to technical and procedural requirements; we always keep the needs of the participants in mind. We always customize our standard model to the customer, include those affected in the rollout process and encourage them to play an active role. This increases acceptance all around. International rollouts must also take cultural characteristics into account.
- Our standard model also includes a communications concept. It is carefully crafted to the specific target group. Because the concept is developed in modules, the customer can delegate important tasks to its employees or take over an entire module.
- The key to our success is a target-group-focused mindset. We train participants intensively so that they internalize the model and its major components. We always consider the unique circumstances at the location, such as the customer's culture, the make-up of the new systems/processes, and the company's structure. Hence the rollout has the necessary traction for success.
- Our tried-and-true methods range from Web training sessions on specific change-support multipliers to conference room simulations that test major processes under realistic conditions.
- During the implementation we assume the role of rollout manager at the site. We have successfully planned and coordinated these types of processes in a variety of markets and offer international experience.
Finally, together with our customer we continually refine both the standard model and the communications concept. This ensures that the rollouts become more and more efficient.
Fast, efficient and lasting:
The benefit for our customers.
Highly efficient: A rollout project usually ties up a lot of personnel. Enormous operating costs also arise, for example because legacy and new systems run in parallel for a time. Every day a project goes beyond the deadline severely impacts the budget. CPC guarantees you an excellent conceptual design and extremely efficient rollouts. You save resources.
Major time-savings: Our project management guarantees your rollout will be fast, reliable and sustainable. Business potential can be tapped more quickly, which in turn increases sales (the more quickly a sales system is in place, the sooner products can be sold). Using the standardized and optimized process, you cut rollout time by up to 70%.
Lasting: The conceptual design can be reused for subsequent rollouts, offering you even more potential savings.
Last but not least, a successful rollout fosters employee acceptance: Information gaps and lack of knowledge quickly result in frustrated employees. CPC prevents this problem in advance with training, support and professional communication management.
Our services at a glance:
- Development of a standard model and the communications concept
- Implementation of and training on the standard model and communications concept
- Rollout management, nationally and internationally. We also guide the change aspects.
- Continued conceptual development of the rollout process (standard model, communications concept) and all tools that were initially defined.
We offer our customers these services either as a full package or in modules.